Wednesday, October 23, 2013

By Sunday (10/27) at 5 PM, blog a few lines describing your topic for the research project and how you intend to handle it.

30 comments:

  1. I plan to research the effects of genetically modified organisms on our bodies and their role in society. I am against the use of genetically modified organisms. I will provide both the pros and cons of genetically modified organisms, and provide a possible solution to get rid of GMOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my research paper, my topic is Global Warming. Global Warming is the theory that due to environmental abuse and degradation, the earth's climate is rising, and someday the water levels will rise and flood the land surface. I intend to handle this project by narrowly researching certain subtopics about global warming. I plan to first describe global warming elaborately, then talk about the research that has been done on it, and then finally talk about it's projected future effects. In terms of time, I'm hoping to get the worksheet done this weekend, get the research done by November 1st, and then write the paper by the due date. And the rest or whatever obstacles get in my way, I'll figure out when I cross those bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My research paper will be on biological weapons. Past, present, and future examples will be covered such as bubonic plague, anthrax, e.boli, and others. I will explain the significance of biological weapons and why we should be more concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to research the Amazon Rainforest, and how us humans have impacted its degradation. The rainforest is a large region across South America, and has millions of various species. I intend to describe the link of health of the planet to the health of the Amazon Rainforest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My research will be based on the use of recombinant DNA technology to eliminate genetic disorders and other diseases from the human genome. I am for recombinant DNA technology to save human lives. The controversies of recombinant DNA will also be addressed along with its uses in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the fifth writing assignment I’ll be talking about climate change, but more specifically about “the greenhouse effect” and its impacts on earth. First, I want to start by defining what this process is and explain its analogy with real greenhouses. Secondly, I intend to state the main causers of this effect, as well as, some of the consequences it produces on humanity and on our planet. Finally, I want to conclude with some solutions that could help to reduce its influence over climate change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to write about The Challenger disaster on January 28, 1986. The disintegration of the O-ring in the right solid rocket booster failed. This eventually led to the break up of the whole craft. This disaster resulted in a 32 month break in the shuttle program.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be writing my paper on the Exxon oil spill. The oil spill occurred on March 24, 1989 in Prince William Sound, Alaska. An oil tanker called the Exxon Valdez was headed to Long Beach, California, hit Bligh Reef and spilled 260,000 to 750,000 gallons of crude oil into the sea. I plan on following the sheet that you gave us and give the history of the event, the implications, and steps to prevent this from happening again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be discussing the topic of recombinant DNA technology. I will outline how it is used, and its history and development. I will also address the public's fears and worries concerning the topic, focusing on recombinant DNA's benefits while also discussing how this new form of technology should be handled and managed during its stages of infancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The topic I have chosen is the rising sea levels. From what it has originated from. The impacts it has on the planet and humans. The risks involved with trying to control it. Specific examples where implementations have shown to work or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The topic that I would be researching is the Exon Oil Spill. I would be talking about how the oil spill affected all the sea creatures. Also how the exon company has not taken the right precautions to avert this type of catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The topic I have chosen is to cover Cyber Bullying through school-related pages on social media websites. Also how it affects not only the person being bullied and their life, but how it changes the atmosphere of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I decided to write about cyber bullying. I think it is a great topic and has been so prevalent in the life of youth today. There is so much information on cyber bullying including numerous cases that have been in the media. I would like to focus on the correlation between cyber bullying and suicides.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I plan on writing about the Chernobyl incident and the effects that it has had on our society. The incident has seriously changed how cities are to be evacuated in our day. Also, the effects of radiation are still effecting the environment in that area today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I plan to research the destructive topic of cyber bullying and how it has had an impact on or younger demographic on an international level. This issue has been around for a long time, but has had a huge increase ever since the social networking boom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For my paper, I plan to write about cyber bullying. I will show how it effects the person being bullied, their family, and the entire community. There are multiple cases that I can use as evidence. Bullying has been around for a while, but with all the different social media sites it has become a much bigger topic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I plan to research identity theft on the internet. I want to show the effects of identity and how much it can cause harm to a persons life both economically and psychologically.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to write about the deforestation of the Amazon Rainforest and the impact it has had on the populations of Amazonian tribes. The deforestation is not only affecting the environment and eliminating homes for animals, but it is also destroying the homes of many different Amazonian Tribes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My topic will be about acid rain. about the formation of acid rain and how it effects the world and how we are trying to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be writing about internet crime, more specifically child pornography

    ReplyDelete
  21. My research paper will be on fracking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change of plans, my research paper will be about the influence of technology on human trafficking.

      Delete
  22. My research paper will be about the landfills and the problems they are causing. I will research the topic and find out what the main problems are and how we can help to solve them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My topic is going to be about the nature, use and effects of thalidomide. And how it affected children and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  24. my research paper will be about The Exxon oil spill.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My research paper is about Toxic Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My research paper will be about cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is a way that some people use to harm or harass other people through Internet or other related technologies. I want to talk about people, government should do to decrease these kinds of phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I plan on writing my paper on the Ramstein airshow disaster of 1988. I would like to research what went wrong and how it effected how people saw the military and technology.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My topic will now be gene therapy instead of recombinant DNA technology. Gene therapy in a somewhat specific form of this technology in that it is using genetic engineering to help cure genetic disorders.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My research paper is about the BP Oil spill and its effects on the environment. Right now I am trying to limit my focus by discussing the bad effects in the beginning, but had a long term positive effect on the earth. Questions such as, “have we really recovered?” are things I’m investing during my research.

    ReplyDelete